MY SECOND BABY SLIPPER-PATTERN....EVER!

Baby crochet slippers, socks and booties, are great fun, and not least; Fast to work! But I can tell you: It takes equal time to work out a pattern for babies, as for adults! In particular because I have 4 different sizes, not only; "Change hook- and/or yarn to achieve smaller or larger sizes".
The sizes: Small/0-6 months - Medium/6-12 months - Large/12-18 months - Extra Large/18-24 months



The basic-slipper fresh off the hook.
This is the L-size, 12-18 months.
The stitches are extended sc, fast worked,
and creates a textured surface of interest.
Edging; Reversed single crochet, also called Crab-Stitch.
The slippers are worked with a method that separates
the top- and bottom-section, giving an illusion of a sole, and "loafer"-top!
See pics below. Pattern for the Basics HERE!


The smallest baby-size:
0-6 months
SO cute!!
Here the side- and sole-sts
are visible.
As I always do with all my slippers, also the baby-slippers have attached
crochet-soles. In an instant slippers turns into shoes!
It looks neat and pretty, and creates a sturdy and warm slipper.
I have made a 2in1-pattern-pack for the both:
Link to the pack HERE

Here the attached crochet soles are visible.
The strings with cute yarn-balls at the ends,
make a safe fitting to the baby's foot.
Note the pretty insoles with labels!
A great gift-idea. Tutorial included in the 2-pack, link above.


I called this pattern Sunday Baby Loafers, as the white and black
 shoes was the first pair I made for this pattern.
And they reminded me about my Sunday-shoes I had as a little girl,
a VERY long time ago! I was so proud of them, but only on Sundays!
SO pretty in black and white!
A little contrast-seam on the soles makes them even cuter!


Comments

POPULAR POSTS